Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Introduction

Okay, just to keep the record straight -- I'm not a wild-eyed revolutionary, I'm not trying to prove anything, I don't want to overthrow the government, and I don't necessarily want to redesign society from the ground up (oh-so-tempting as that might be).  I'm pretty much your everyday guy who sometimes cannot believe what his eyes & ears tell him.

No, I don't mean that I hallucinate. (Or if I do, I do so with sufficient realism to not notice.)

What I mean is that I see and hear things every day that leave me wondering...
   a. how some people survive on a daily basis...
   b. who gave those people a license to do what they're doing...
   c. what the #@&%! were they thinking...
   d. how did they get through school...
   e. any combination of the above.

In other words, I keep experiencing things that annoy the blazes outta me. This being the early years of the 21st century, I (of course) need to share such with the world through blogging... So here I am.

Postings will range from (hopefully) erudite & educated observations of the world, to stories & commentary based on my experiences of the day, to the occasional picture from the "brain pain" folder on my computer, to whatever else I feel like posting at any given time. I can't yet tell you exactly how often the blog will be updated (annoying, isn't it? <g>) but I do plan to update it at least once each week.

And, since I want to keep this intro short, I'm going to close out this 1st entry with a quick sample of the kind of thing I'm talking about when I mention my "brain pain" folder...

I took the above photo in a sewing supplies store (long story). D'ya get the feeling someone needs to explain the purpose of camo to the folks stocking the shelves...?

No comments:

Post a Comment